[Klug-general] More about democracy

Sharon Kimble sharonm63 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Apr 30 13:56:01 BST 2006

On Sunday 30 April 2006 12:43, Tom Carlson wrote:
> Firstly, Hi from one of your newer additions to the list! Im a first
> year CS student studying at the university of Kent, run CentOS 4.3 and
> have strange sleeping habits.
>
> Regarding Democracy, I couldnt get the thing to install because my
> version of Python was not new enough for it, someone who has tried it -
> is it any good and should I have a go at comiling python from source?
>
> All the best
>
> Twig
Hi Twig :)
Welcome to the list. Nice to see that you've moved over from irc :)

Beware of entering rpm hell if you compile your own version of python. It will
cause no end of problems on your centos box if you do, both now and in future
updates.

Maybe try talking to z00dax or kbsingh to see if it could be packaged for
centos?

Take care
Sharon.
--
 13:52:06 up 10 days,  3:01,  1 user,  load average: 1.63, 1.56, 1.52
A taste of linux http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html