[Klug-general] Swapfiles

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Thu Aug 10 09:18:58 BST 2006

Hi all,

I've just setup my home sever which acts as both a firewall/router and a
webserver for testing sites.  I've just looked at the output from "top"
and it's showing that I've only got about 7MB of physical RAM left for
use, (out of 512MB!) however my 1GB Swap partition isn't even being used
(about 224K)!

Is there any way I can get apache or any other process on the system
(They're mainly dynamic websites using PHP/MySQL, so I think this could
be the issue!) to use swap more than Physical RAM so that I don't keep
suffering from these windows-like service outages caused by the memory
filling up?

Cheers,

Matt