[Klug-general] Re: Mark Shuttleworth interview

George Prowse cokehabit at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 19:51:00 BST 2006

On 21/08/06, Dan Attwood <danattwood at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yeah it's all about inclusion and has nothing to do with OS choice.
> It's about the media beign able to reach everyone regardless.
> It's about me - or anyone else, from any demographic, not having to
> break the law to watch it, or shell out pounds to the buy windows.
> It was also about the irony of putting an article out about sorce in a
> closed format.

It is neither about inclusion or OS choice, the media is avaliable to
everyone it is just you CHOOSE to use a system where it is
unavaliable, that means certain things arent avaliable. For instance,
i am writing this from france as i am on holiday and because i have
CHOSEN to come to a place that stops for 2 hours between the hours of
12 and 2pm, if i want to buy bread at 1pm then i should have stayed in
England.

Doing something different means some sacrifices and if you dont want
to/cant do them then there is no choice left.

We shouldnt all be bitching about how our machines cant do things that
windows does, thats like wishing you were a 12yr old because he
finishes work at 3pm!

I pretty much ignore stuff i cant do in linux when i am online because
it is all frivilous anyway, if it is *really* needed then i boot into
windows but that is very rarely.

George