[Klug-general] Re: Mark Shuttleworth interview

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Aug 10 17:47:29 BST 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 03:50:21PM +0100, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> > Just because they do it, doesn't make it right.
>
> Just because Israel has their reasons for bombing Lebanon doesn't make
> it right

<snip massive flame>

I'll not bother replying to each point for fear this will turn into a
flamewar. Neither of us wants that, I'm sure.

Thanks so much for your assistance in getting the video working in
Mozilla/Firefox. It almost worked, but not quite. I will keep plugging away
though, I'm sure it can be made to work here if it works on your machine.

I was interested to hear of the projects that you have that need some
support. Unfortunately my own Linux based projects are consuming too much of
my time at the moment for me to be able to offer much help personally, but I
would be particularly interested in trac as I have no experience of it but
can see a need for it in my own projects.

I'm afraid the rest of your post was merely an unacceptable rant in my
opinion. You made massive assumptions about me, my commitment to the
community and my activities within the community. You seem to want to paint
a picture of me as some kind of dimwit enduser. If it makes you feel better
to put me in that box then fine. I know what I do for the community is
valued, maybe not by you, but it is by others.

I'll leave it there I think.

By the way, your mail didn't make it to the list, mailman tagged it as
"spam". As I'm not the KentLUG mailman admin I didn't feel it my place to
approve it, whoever is the admin might want to do that when they get a chance.

All the best.
Al.