[Klug-general] Something for the weekend

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 13 10:39:44 BST 2006

thers's four way of installing nvidia drivers on Ubuntu that I know of;

the ubuntu guide gives;
sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx nvidia-kernel-common
sudo nvidia-glx-config enable

thers there's
Easy ubuntu and Automatix
both of which are gui based tools that install graphics drivers and
other non-free stuuf like codecs

Finally theres the 'envy' script available at
http://www.albertomilone.eu/europeo/nvidia_scripts1.html

Perssonally i've had more success with this script then anything else
- the guy posts as tselliot in the ubuntu forums and if generally
accepted as the expert on nividia cards.

I have no experience with ATI (AMD) cards

ubuntu xgl instructions can be found here;
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Dapper#How_to_install_Xgl.2FCompiz_.28Nvidia.29

and my god does it need to be easyier (and not lock up)

Dan