[Klug-general] Via epia motherboard and tv playback

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 13 11:12:12 BST 2006

I been trying to get TV to play back smoothly on my via c3 1000
motherboard and failing dismally.

I've signal booster and a nova-t card.

I've recompiled the kernel for the C3 processor and the box is running Xubuntu.

I'm pretty sure i've got the right graphics drivers - they show as
'via' in xorg.conf- i've test this with glx gears as well and there's
no problem.

whenever I try to watch tv in kaffiene however the picture keeps
ghosting and the sound breaks up.

I can see with top and gkrellm that the loads on the cpu is very high
- in desperation i've even started using fluxbox.

Does anyone have any ideas or different programmes to try?