[Klug-general] Re: Kent Digest, Vol 82, Issue 1

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 18:30:21 BST 2006

> Just as a funny add-on...
>
> It wouldn't play on a friend of mine's 2k box... :)
>
> Can't be bothered to fix his wm/ie setup tho'... he refuses open e.g.
> mozilla options etc... believing proprietry means stability & cleanliness...
>
> We've got to beat this psychological brick wall that consumers have
> somehow...?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I tried getting in touch with Kent Messenger Group about writing an
> small? article on the fact that computers need not be so expensive by
> using open source... but they said it was not in their interest or that
> of their readers and because it was not community-based? (Their remit is
> to cover all community-based issues)...
>
> Was looking at a spam I got from a certain 'Online XPee shoppe' who are
> selling computers with linux or no system on... revolution's started...
> again...
>
> Funny thing is, if a certain OS were a quarter of the price, surely at
> least 4 times as many people (globally) would legalise it...? Does that
> work economically? Don;t think I'll ever be a fat cat... :-$
>

> aleX
>

> Fight capitalism with capitalism, boycott!

Why not do something particularly snazzy for a LUG meeting like a
bigger or cleverer demonstration that would knock peoples socks off
perhaps something like keroshi in action (what with the new term
starting) and get the Kent paper to visit and write the article for
them or something?

Do it as a full professional demonstration rather than the usual
helping install and concept demonstration.