[Klug-general] Re: Kent Digest, Vol 82, Issue 1

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Aug 25 10:16:02 BST 2006

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 09:52:24AM +0100, Marco Bertaglia wrote:
> yeah I would like that
>
> by the way, I am trying to sell a cheap assembled PC priced at £350
> with Fedora Core 5 pre-installed via www.ebay.co.uk and it does NOT
> seem to attract people - maybe because it's Linux and common customers
> aren't as keen on it as I would like them to be

The problem is for 300 quid you can get a dual-core 2.66GHz Pentium D with
quite a few nice bits and bobs and a copy of Windows XP Home.

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=PRODUCTVIEWPAGE&USG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=51980

The box-shifting market is somewhat swamped, so I'm not surprised you're
having trouble shifting them on ebay.

Cheers,
Al.