[Klug-general] Re: You can't dis apple

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Tue Dec 19 14:26:30 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 14:12 +0000, J D Freeman wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 02:02:23PM +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> >
> > Believe me, you don't need to, you just don't! Its like saying you want
> > a choice between having three peddles in you car, and 52. you don't need
> > 49 of them, but you still want them, and the car companies are taking
> > that choice away from you.
>
> Erm, that analogy is so broken.

No its not its extreme

> > OH FFS!
> >
> > So excluding open source MIT and BSD license code is freedom? Its the
> > exact opposite, its stallman humping and that is a BAD THING!
>
> If you want to CHOOSE to use those, you can. Debian don't provide it
> tho. Its not stallman humping. He is long past, and generally not one I
> ahve an awful lot of time for. However, Open source and the freedoms it
> entails, are, IMHO, incredibly important. Sorry. Thats my oppinion.
>
> You have a different one, I think you are wrong, but I will defend to my
> death your right to say it.

I didn't say freedom isn't important I said that free as in freedom
doesn't mean that you exclude choice, as that detracts from the freedom.
If you don't understand this stuff then just stop thinking about it.
Freedom is complex when it comes to open source software. Stand by your
laurels on freedom, and one day you'll get severely burned.

K,