[Klug-general] You know its a bad day when...

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Wed Dec 20 09:45:21 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 09:43 +0000, J D Freeman wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 09:40:20AM +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> > I have another 300Gb Hard drive in the same machine.
>
> Why then, was it not in RAID 1 ?

Ah you see this is an issue. The other disk had failed, but after
running the powermax tool the drive was repaired. I was going to raid
them but never got around to it.

Now I wish I had.

> Surely this would solve the single disk failure problem ?
>
> cheaper than any other solution too.
>
> > And when I said find a live CD, I meant in amongst the horrendous
> > collections of discs I have.
>
> Ah yes. the "I know I have the cd here somewhere" *searches through pile
> of 400 non labeled cd's*

Yep, thats the one. Although I'm sure I wrote on it. Get out of sh*t
quick live cd.

Heh, I know I have a solaris live cd on my coffee table though.

K,