[Klug-general] Backup solutions

Alan at COMM-TECH alan at communitytechnology.org.uk
Thu Dec 28 20:22:13 GMT 2006

For Windows clients where backup is needed (like poxy OE email profiles
that wont roam) we use SyncBack Freeware V3.2.14 from
http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html#freeware

We just point the workstations to make the backups to the Linux server
then use rsync over ssh to an offsite server, or burn DVDs. Not good to
FTP to remote sites unencrypted... think carnivore.

Synchronisation works, the success/failure email post-synchronisation is
very useful

I cant figure out whether SyncBack is OSS or just beer. Like beer though
it works well.

Any questions on practical use welcome to email me.
/a