[Klug-general] Fw: Flyer

Stan klug at hardstone.net
Fri Feb 24 19:41:27 GMT 2006

Hi, I'm delurking on this thread because that last email has thrown up
an issue in my mail system!  I have the following in my .procmailrc

:0 c
* ^Subject: .*\[Klug
!mybulkemailaccount at example.com
:0 A
Mailbox

ie mail from Klug should go to my bulk email account (and I won't
download it over GPRS which could get expensive)

But in the last message the headers were:

Subject: =?US-ASCII?B?UmU6IFtLbHVnLWdlbmVyYWxdIEZ3OiBGbHllcg==?=

which may (Mutt says it does) decode as

Subject: Re: [Klug-general] Fw: Flyer

but obviously the version of procmail I'm using isn't clever enough!

butane:~% procmail -v
procmail v3.22 2001/09/10

Is a more recent version any better?  Mailman must have thought the
header was ok, to let it through.  Obviously in this case I can just
update procmail to use

But in a more general case it's worrying me.  Any ideas (other than
sending an email to http://atmail.com/ to ask what they think they're
doing.) ?

Anyway hello everyone, I've been lurking on here for ages.  I'll try
and throw my 2p worth in a bit more often.

Stan