[Klug-general] Fw: Flyer

gaukrogi at schaf.plus.com gaukrogi at schaf.plus.com
Sun Feb 26 11:21:24 GMT 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 07:40:21PM +0000, Stan wrote:
> Hi, I'm delurking on this thread because that last email has thrown up
> an issue in my mail system!  I have the following in my .procmailrc

Hi to all lurkers!  I do alot of that myself :-)  Don't forget about our
next meet in Maidstone.

> :0 c
> * ^Subject: .*\[Klug
> !mybulkemailaccount at example.com
> :0 A
> Mailbox
>
> ie mail from Klug should go to my bulk email account (and I won't
> download it over GPRS which could get expensive)
>
> But in the last message the headers were:
>
> Subject: =?US-ASCII?B?UmU6IFtLbHVnLWdlbmVyYWxdIEZ3OiBGbHllcg==?=
>
> which may (Mutt says it does) decode as
>
> Subject: Re: [Klug-general] Fw: Flyer
>
> but obviously the version of procmail I'm using isn't clever enough!
>
> butane:~% procmail -v
> procmail v3.22 2001/09/10
>
> Is a more recent version any better?  Mailman must have thought the
> header was ok, to let it through.  Obviously in this case I can just
> update procmail to use

That is the same version that I've got on a Debian Sarge system which is
more up-to-date than 2001.

That's what I'd go for.

> But in a more general case it's worrying me.  Any ideas (other than
> sending an email to http://atmail.com/ to ask what they think they're
> doing.) ?

All the =?US-ASCII?B?UmU6IF... gibberish is probably down to unicode
mail clients or something

> Anyway hello everyone, I've been lurking on here for ages.  I'll try
> and throw my 2p worth in a bit more often.

Cool

> Stan

Ifor