[Klug-general] Re: Kent Digest, Vol 51, Issue 2

Athon Solo athon at athon.me.uk
Wed Jan 11 19:27:10 GMT 2006

Gentoo doesn't use seperate repositories for packages currently
considered unstable, like Debian and other distro's do. All the packages
are in one repository, but packages are marked testing (~arch, eg
~amd64) or are masked. To unmask a package or use an unstable package,
you simply add it to a text file. Further details can be found at
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=3

Allen