[Klug-general] DBus Problem

Kevin Groves kevin.groves at kentpharm.co.uk
Mon Jul 10 08:47:51 BST 2006

Peter Childs wrote:
> Ever since I upgraded my home PC from Ubuntu 5.10 to Ubuntu 6.06 using
> the upgrade system, (Rather than a reinstall) DBus causes my machine
> to freeze. ending up with the need to hit the reboot button.

Are you *really* sure it's DBUS? I had a strange random lockup and it
came down to the longhaul module in the powersave system. Some bug in it
for the BIOS in the machine. Double check dmesg and /var/log/messages to
make sure theres no strange error messages during the boot process
especially during module loading.

Kev,