[Klug-general] KLUG IRC

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Jul 17 11:02:17 BST 2006

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 10:51:31AM +0100, Peter Childs wrote:
> Right I know a list came up on irc packages but which one works the
> best. I've never really used IRC all that much always seams to
> complicated.

If you're on Linux and you have a GUI I'd recommend xchat.

IRC is no more or less complicated than anything else computery. There's
some basics that you need to know (which is in the mail I sent and there's
links to documentation there too). Once you're online, have a play and see
what else you can pick up.

I have been a near-constant (i.e. I use it every day) user of IRC for about
the last 4 years now. I'm no expert, but just a user.

Cheers,
Al.