[Klug-general] mapping windows shares in a domain

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 18 10:51:48 BST 2006

I've been buggering about with Ubuntu at work again and I've been trying to
make mapping shares to my domain server work, with vert little sucess.

I've followed the instructions on the unofficial ubuntu guide and as such
i've created a .smbcredentials with my username and password, i've created
the local folder to map the share to and i've created a line in fstab

When ever i run sudo mount -a it goes away and does it's thing without
complaining. when I try an open the  local folder though it won't work, it
just says 'access was denied'

I've also tried smb4k which shows all the shares as greyed out.

hmmmm
dan