[Klug-general] First Virtual Kent LUG Meeting

Colin_The_Technician binarysignal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 21:44:21 BST 2006

Thanks for the feedback Alan, some very good points and suggestions.
Please can everyone bare in mind this release was an alpha and really
just a proof of concept rather than a professional polish item.

> * The audio quality and volume levels differ dramatically between people.

I wonder if my volume was louder because I was using my box to record
the show??  Next time we will do some level tests.

> * Stick to the agenda or show plan if you have one.

To start with it was just Dan and me and we had an agenda of two
points, but when Alan joined we expanded the topics as the
conversation flowed.

> * Make it shorter/smaller - 34MB is pretty big, and there was a lot of "uhm" time.

uhm I agree with that, uhm but again uhm it was a test uhm alpha uhm
release.  Not uhm 'This Week in Tech' uhm :-)  I think the optimal
listening time for a lugcast would be about 40mins, but if this is
more of a 'virtual' meeting then time should not really be an issue as
long as we are productive in our conversations.

> * Possibly make a lower quality version available, so that those on a
> limited bandwidth can listen.

Limited Bandwidth?? Whats that?? :-)  I agree and now that I have got
Audacity to export into MP3 there is a 16Kbps version.  It is 6.2mb
for the severely bandwidth impaired.
http://www.syndicateone.net/vklugcast/vklug000-160706-16k.mp3

> * Encapsulate the ogg/mp3 in an RSS feed to make it a "proper" podcast which  can be picked up by podcast clients.

Kev. Can your site create RSS feeds of the downloads page??