[Klug-general] Re: KLUG IRC

Colin_The_Technician binarysignal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 08:56:52 BST 2006

Alan
I installed Avidemux ok and will try editing with it tonight.

Here is the output I get when I try and install Istanbul

colin at ubuntu:~/istanbul-0.2.0$ ./configure

configure: configuring istanbul for release

checking for gawk... no

checking for mawk... mawk

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no

configure: Storing library files in /usr/local/lib

configure: Storing data files in /usr/local/share

configure: Storing configuration files in /usr/local/etc

configure: Using localstatedir /usr/local/var

checking build system type... Invalid configuration
`i686-pc-linux-oldld': machine `i686-pc-linux' not recognized

configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub i686-pc-linux-oldld failed

colin at ubuntu:~/istanbul-0.2.0$

I am using it on a PIII with Ubuntu 6.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.