[Klug-general] Faxing with Hylafax

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 21:26:42 GMT 2006

rob wrote:

> Hi All
>
> May i be so bold as to pick your collective brains
>
> Does anyone have any experience good or bad with Hylafax.

Not too bad. I have an 8 port out going fax server at work. Seems to do
the biz.

> I have managed to set up the Hylafax server to send and receive
> faxes(and was feeling quite smug about that)

Can be messy and depends on the hardware you are using.

> My problem though is trying to find a web based front end for
> completely non teckie users to use. They need to be able to send
> /receive and some of them need to be able to route incoming faxes to
> other mailboxes.

I've only used whfc Windows client to send. Although I've written a
number of automatic faxing scripts which pull data from various places,
sling into PS and then out through the fax.

Incoming and/or fax notifcation was quite easy as you do something to
the Notify scripts and it does in fact work quite nicely via email.
Having trouble getting that bit to work?

> Needless to say there are loads out there - but i havnt been able to
> get any of them to work!
>
> Any sugesstions / thoughts would be gratefully recieved
>
> Thanks in advance.

Kev,