[Klug-general] Install problems

dan attwod danattwood at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 27 08:57:49 BST 2006

The install problems I mentioned on saturday are now cured. Turns out I had
a faulty hardisk controler on the motherboard.
I've now replaced the board with the only socket A motherboard available in
medway - a Winfast something or other, costing the princly sum of £40 from
Maplins. My advice to anyone wishing the purchase one is DON'T. Having
reinstalled Mandriva it was ridiculously slow, I had to recompile the kernel
just to get things running smoothly.

Mind you the 'win' part of 'winfast' should probably have tipped me of.

Dan