[Klug-general] RE: Pluto

Karl Lattimer karl at nncc.info
Fri May 19 10:38:26 BST 2006

> I'm having another go with MythTV proper but it's naff as far as TV card
> support goes so that will take some time too.

MythTV sucks! I could give you a list of about a thousand reasons. I
would get yourself familiar with freevo, as we're currently working
towards freevo2.

Features of freevo2 include

* web remote, so if you have a wifi tablet like the nokia770 which we
designed it for you can browse your movie collection by thumbnail/cover
via the web and select download/play play will direct it to play on your
freevo system, we are also hoping to introduce a stream command which
would allow you to stream any media including TV/music/movies to a web
browser so for distribution of media through the house we want high
compatibility so realplayer/vlc looks like its in the running. There is
also provision being made for an actual remote, so you'll be able to
navigate freevo using any web enabled device. This is all thanks to the
power of cheerypy and ajax. (I'm quite proud of my webserver2
contribution)

* Animated menus
* Animated movie thumbs
* Multiple tuner recording
* Loads of animations and bling
* evas accelerated canvas
* Loads of metadata bits n bobs
* Easy plugin interface
* A far superior electronic program guide

Oh yeah and it supports all TV/DVB cards supported by linux and has
integrated lirc code instead of using the irxevent wrapper like mythtv.

Hope you choose www.freevo.org

K,