[Klug-general] Google Releases Picasa For Linux

Karl Lattimer karl at nncc.info
Wed May 31 19:20:03 BST 2006

On 31 May 2006, at 18:55, Dan Attwood wrote:

> It seems like a fudge to me. It would be way better if they did a
> native port. Plus at the end of the day Picassa'a pretty good but
> there are a hundred and one photo apps on linux, F-spot, eye of the
> gnome etc.
> Now a native port of google earth, that's something to get excited
> about

You should check out the SoC for wine, looks like someone will be
starting to lay the foundation of getting wine apps GTK styled. This
will be cool, and a massive boost for gnome. I think google earth is
probably early next year off for wine support, although there has
been a diff discovered which broke it, you'd have to find the
reasoning and person who wrote the patch that broke it and argue out
a solution with them, and personally I don't want to get involved
with that ;P

K,