[Klug-general] How small.......

Karl Latimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Mon Apr 2 16:00:30 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 14:34 +0100, Shish wrote:
> > I notice with this though they don't actually say what it does
>
> It's a linux box. What do you want it to do?

Will it run eclipse? ;)

Truth is, with devices this size it isn't ever a case of what do you
want it to do, its more of a case of what is it capable of and how far
can you push it. Like Gumstix these things run ucLinux which is a very
very small version of the linux kernel optimised for embedded platforms.
Missing things like udev, sysfs and most of libc, there isn't a great
deal you can do with it.

A few statically linked binaries and a very basic rc.sysinit running on
ash (i think thats the shell they normally use).

Same thing as trying to run vista on a machine built before 2003 ;P

k,