[Klug-general] Debian 4.0 released

Karl Latimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Tue Apr 10 09:05:08 BST 2007

> How come every other distro manages to release a stable version every 6
> months?

I've said it before, the 4 men in a shed syndrome, they take an age to
release their software, and by the time they do, they're so busy patting
themselves on the back that they forgot to use RECENT releases. How many
years did it take them to actually release this time? Mind, if they
weren't all sitting around discussing how free software _should_ be then
they might get a thing or two done. Props to the distro with the
microsoft style release cycle.

> "an updated version of the GNOME desktop environment 2.14," - isn't
> stable 2.16? RHEL 5 even comes with 2.18 and that is the mission
> critical server of choice...

2.18 is stable, 2.16 is old tried and tested, 2.14 is over a year old!

K,