[Klug-general] Debian 4.0 released

Shish shish at shishnet.org
Wed Apr 11 01:48:25 BST 2007

> How come every other distro manages to release a stable version every 6
> months?

Other distros are stable as in "OK for desktop use", debian is stable
as in "Install it now, it'll be running 24/7, problem free, until the
hardware itself falls apart". Also, stable-to-stable upgrades tend to
go much smoother than other distros.

For reference, the only downtime I've had since installing debian
several years ago (back when sarge was testing) has been power cuts and
hardware upgrades. I've gone through sarge being testing, sarge being
stable, and now etch being stable, with no problems :P

    -- Shish