[Klug-general] Debian 4.0 released

Karl Latimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Tue Apr 10 10:16:54 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 09:33 +0100, Allen Brooker wrote:
> Dan Attwood wrote:
> > The choice for debian is want you want to run it on. ie;
> >
> > athlon, athlon64, pentium, sparc, mips, arm, toaster, casio
> > calculator, fusion powered super computer, dead badger, my mates daves
> > spectrum, the 486 i use as a doorstop

How many actual spins do they do? Its not that hard to rebuild any
distro for any platform really, especially as as soon as you've done the
core things you can simply boot it and start rebuilding the source
packages one by solitary one... This of course is a long process.

> Sorry, but in my opinion Gentoo beats them severely on both points. Hey,
> how many distro's can run on a PS3? And creating a new distro based on
> Gentoo can be as simple as creatign an overlay and continuing to use the
> main Gentoo package repository and mirrors for the msot part - Sabayon
> does this and is apparently the favoured distro of the Beryl developers.

Finally an explanation of why beryl is so piss poor unstable.

;)

K,