[Klug-general] Debian 4.0 released

Karl Latimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Tue Apr 10 12:04:50 BST 2007

> While I much prefer debian now due to the ease of use factor, I urge any
> new linux users to install, explore and learn gentoo, as it has provided
> me with an excellent base to learn gnu/linux in general.

Thats a pretty steep learning curve, I wouldn't recommend that at all. I
think for new users the most important thing is to not require command
line intervention.

If you want to learn how operating systems work then sure, use gentoo as
you'll learn a hell of a lot. However, gentoo for windows newbes is a
seriously bad idea.

Engage your brain, please... New users == soften the introduction.

K,