[Klug-general] Lots of disk activity slowing me down

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 12 11:52:21 BST 2007

Good day all,

I run Mandriva2007 Free on an aging desktop running an AMD Athlon t
1.3Ghz into 1.5 Gb of RAM. I've had this setup for some time, just
updating the odd bits and keeping up-to-date with Mandriva.

Recently I've noticed that shortly after startup and a few minutes using
SeaMonkey and Konqueror everything slows down dramatically and there is
continuous disk activity for about ten minutes.

I have no idea what is going on as I don't recall changing anything
other than updating to M2007Free. If anyone has any advice, that'd be
most welcome.

MikeR
in Folkestone