[Klug-general] The Android Developer Challenge will award $10 million to developers who build great apps for Android

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Fri Dec 7 16:07:40 GMT 2007

> So wait a minute, you can't see anything wrong with them releasing a
> sub-standard version of the phone and then saying they're "going to fix
> all the problems in a new release"?

Erm, its a more complete and usable product than an S60 phone, fact!

I don't see how it's sub standard at all, it was a product designed for
the US market, the european market is different, they have one
manufacturing line... Its also their first phone product, compare it
with nokias first phone.

> Basically if they get it all right then in May we can say it's a good
> phone, until then it is a over-priced, badly thought out fashion statement.
>
>  > Hold up a second, George, your clothing, why do you spend as much as
>  > you do on "designer" gear that you rattle on about?
>
>  > Point made...
>
> ??? I have no idea what you're rattling on about.

Well, I remember clearly, no less than 3 in depth lectures you've given
me about your ebay buying habits and the merits of clothing
manufacturers.

If you want to berate people for wanting a stylish, usable handset, then
don't be so hypocritical in calling them shallow.

> Also, stop getting so defensive, you know what i'm saying is true,
> you're just doing an exercise of damage limitation

Defensive? I don't see how I'm being defensive... I'm only stating that
I think this _IS_ a breakthrough device and regardless of its lack of a
few minor features (remember on a phone, the phone IS the killer app) it
still beats other products on the market on features.

K,