[Klug-general] Ubuntu Boot

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 17:02:08 GMT 2007

On Dec 24, 2007 4:14 PM, Richard <rich-ayres at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
> Just because i haven't been in contact I have been listening. Found
> "linux for Dummies" Quite useful. Thanks for that.
>  I have been attempting some C++ programming which is going well.
> I do have a snag with gutsy gibbon though as it boots in total darkness
> now and occasionally drops out to root. I have another machine that
> boots Ok . Which files should I compare to correct the problem Please?.
>    richard
> Any Meetings Planned for Canterbury or Dover? I would like to meet some
> of you but I fear my knowledge is very limited and I would have little
> to contribute.

Hi Richard.
The next meeting is on Saturday 26th January in Dover. Everyone has
something to contribute so look forward to seeing you there. (Updated
location details will be on kent.lug.org.uk before the event).

It sounds like you have an Xorg problem.  But I know nothing even though I
have spent a lot of time in the dark with a command prompt myself :-) I
usually asked someone cleverer for help.  Do you know if you have ATI or
Nvidia graphics card?

I am sure someone clever will be along shortly :-)

Colin