[Klug-general] Killer apps for GNOME

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Sun Dec 30 10:49:17 GMT 2007

Hi all, I wanted to quickly gauge public opinion on a set of killer apps
for gnome and get your input...

Things that interest me on Mac OSX:
 * iLife - iPhoto, garage band, iMovie+iDVD, iTunes
 * omni outliner
 * photobooth
 * comic life
 * iSync + .Mac

When poking around gnome I find:
 * f-spot
 * Jokosher
 * DVD-styler
 * Pitivi
 * Notecase
 * Banshee
 * cheese
 * Conduit + OpenSync
 * ++ ++ I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING FOR COMICLIFE!!! ++ ++

Each of the gnome apps needs a little polish, with the exception of
f-spot and banshee which are pretty much feature complete and have great
UIs.

I suppose my point here is, of all the people you know who don't use
computers that often what is it that they'd want to do most? For me I
see this market as the photos, music, home movies and video blogging,
high level creative apps (easy to use very powerful e.g. comiclife), and
being able to build sync and publishing profiles across the myriad of
devices and destinations available in todays web 2.0 world.

Are there any other apps that are important to you which are more to do
with >DOING THINGS< that you can see being important, or at least having
an important feature you'd maybe like exposed in an easier way?

K,