[Klug-general] Topics

Alistair Gordon algoart1 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 9 13:09:04 GMT 2007

Hi All,

This is my first post, and up 'till now I've only been
able to make it to one meet (at Maidstone).

Most of the posts on these threads is way above my
head and probably that of most Linux newbies( except
the flame wars)!

If you want to encourage the use of Linux,keep it
simple.
I'm not saying dumb it down, a lot of the contributors
really know their stuff, but there must be a lot of
interested people who just can't hack the heavy stuff
yet ... Win damaged ... like me.

Perhaps a beginners Wiki on the KLUG site, and some
command line introduction topics would help.
Any command line stuff I use is simply copied from
source!

Without the help that I received at Maidstone ( Dan -
Ubuntu & Ritchie - Automatix), I would have given up.

Alistair

http://www.true2art.com