[Klug-general] So, this new iPhone

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Wed Jan 10 19:42:15 GMT 2007

> Well, my point is that an on-screen keyboard would have to be quite
> small, but if you have no stylus then the buttons would have to be
> quite
> big to be used reliably. I can't see how it can be big enough, on that
> screen, to be reliable.

I believe the point is that it exploits the multitouch 'somehow', I
think you'll also find that the speaker is used to thump a little
bass as you push buttons to give you some tactile feadback which is
nice. It has clever proximity sensors too and an accelerometer you
can bet your life they leveraging these sensors into the UI 'somehow'.

I think its way too early to speculate on its usability but taking
their previous ventures under the jobs fuerer i'd expect that its got
to be good. If you take expose as an example, they really thought
about it now we all copy it, thats innovation so its definitely going
to be exciting to try one, after all its new, and fangled, in fact
its newfangled. I'm pretty much already sold I'd like to see it and
read some reviews and try it before i buy it, but it does everything
I want and sllims my pocket usage. Why I want one

Its an ipod (zing vanishes half the pocket weight)
Its a camera, and a reasonably good one at that ... (zing, more
pocket space has returned)
It does everything I'd ever want it to, including syncing with itunes
which means i can make it sync to EDS and banshee
Its pretty
Its got UNIX!!!! Terminal ;)
Its not a fucking motorola razr v3i which sucks and crashes more
often than windows 95 on patch tuesday

K,