[Klug-general] Re: So, this new iPhone

J D Freeman klug at quixotic.org.uk
Wed Jan 10 23:45:48 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 11:30:55PM -0000, Stuart Brand wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I will have my 2 pence as I am most likely the biggest apple user on this
> list.

Yaay! Wondered when you would join the debate.

<snip>

> And Julia, before you rant any more about os x and its apps, remember
> this, it is the best desktop operating system ever, nothing compares,
> thats right, not even Debian.

HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU SAY THIS?

Its entirely a matter of taste, thats like saying that Coco Cola is the
best drink ever, cos you like it. Sorry but thats a crap argument. You
are arguing what is simply a matter of taste.

> Apple are amazing software innovators, iLife is one of the best products
> ever released by any software company, and no, Debian doesn't have
> anything like it, you may be able to tweak a few apps to try and simulate
> what iLife can do and still never come close.

How do you define best?

> rant rant rant, but I don't like to see good things put down by people who
> quite frankly don't know about them, from what I remember its was less
> then a year ago that you first touched an apple, am i right? so how can
> you judge?

I don't like to see good people put down by people who know jack shit
either. Which is why when you lot slag off the work put in on the OSS
communittee, especially the debian crowd, that I get annoyed. Is this
not abit two faced?

My first apple computer was an Apple II that my father borrowed from work.
I have used macs on and off since. I even have a Quadra 610 or what ever its
called sat on the desk behind me. So please don't play that card. I was
using Macs when you was in primary school.

> And before I am questioned, I know about Linux and windows too, I have
> created 4 Linux distro's, a boot loader and written a clone linux 0.01 in
> assembly and c and am currently written a completely new OS plus
> administered countless windows servers for a very major organization.

Yes, yes yes, thats all great. Now tell me, how many people use these
distros? How many people use this software.

More relevant to the discussion, whats so revolutionary about these
things?

I don't want to get into willy waving, quite frankly I don't care how
big your penis is.

> Not to offend anyone :) so don't take what I say as personal or cruel.

Oh I am not offended, don't worry.

> By the way, Julia, what phone do you have?

I have a Nokia 3120 as My primary phone.