[Klug-general] Re: So, this new iPhone

Stuart Brand admin at server-solution.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 00:11:25 GMT 2007

> HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU SAY THIS?
>
> Its entirely a matter of taste, thats like saying that Coco Cola is the
> best drink ever, cos you like it. Sorry but thats a crap argument. You
> are arguing what is simply a matter of taste.

Walt Mossberg — “The best and most advanced personal computer operating
system on the market”

To be honest, as much as I love linux, the reason I use a mac is for the
shell, I have never seen an article like this in a paper such as the
newyork journal for Linux?
So when does taste become fact?  to say linux is the best desktop os is
silly, servers yes, desktop, NO

> How do you define best?

Look up and read again :)

> I don't like to see good people put down by people who know jack shit
> either. Which is why when you lot slag off the work put in on the OSS
> communittee, especially the debian crowd, that I get annoyed. Is this
> not abit two faced?
>
> My first apple computer was an Apple II that my father borrowed from work.
> I have used macs on and off since. I even have a Quadra 610 or what ever
> its
> called sat on the desk behind me. So please don't play that card. I was
> using Macs when you was in primary school.

If this is so then why did I have to tell that the browser in os x was
safari? and show you where to find it? you say the Dock is not an
innovation and has been around for years? yet there it was

> Yes, yes yes, thats all great. Now tell me, how many people use these
> distros? How many people use this software.

Well, if you think about it :) your current employer

> More relevant to the discussion, whats so revolutionary about these
> things?

I never said it was revolutionary did I? it was an example to show that
no, as you put it, I do know jack shit ;)

Stuart