[Klug-general] Expressing opinions

Mike mike at csits.net
Thu Jan 11 01:23:14 GMT 2007

Well, I have just spent a hour of my time reading the iPhone thread.  It would
be very nice if, when posting options, people could think carefully about
what they are saying.  Please try to be open minded and objective in what you
are saying.  Try to be realistic and balanced in what you say and backup your
comments with facts.  If you disagree with something, respond in the same
way; state *why* you disagree and back this up with facts.

I am, quite frankly, horrified by some of the comments that have been posted
this evening.  Is it really necessary, in a conversation about the Apple
iPhone, to deviate onto such subjects as religion and oral sex?  If you have
an opposing opinion surely it would be better to express that in a
constructive and factual way?  If you have to resort to being patronising and
name calling, really your argument is already lost.

Mike.