[Klug-general] So, this new iPhone

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Thu Jan 11 18:13:58 GMT 2007

> P.S. We all know Haagen Dazs Pralines and Cream is the best ice-
> cream so there is no point arguing

There`s a very telling moment in the new film, "Thank You for
Smoking," where tobacco lobbyist Nick Naylor asks his son Joey (the
young Cameron Bright, excellently balancing innocence and
precociousness) to prove to him, a vanilla ice cream fan, that
chocolate ice cream is the best ice cream in the world.

Joey eagerly describes all the qualities that make chocolate so good,
but he still loses the argument. Why? Not because the question is a
wholly subjective one. Nick wins without ever mentioning his
preference for vanilla. Instead, he merely states that chocolate
simply isn`t for him, and Joey learns a valuable lesson: you don`t
always have to prove you`re right, just that the other person is wrong.

Quoted from a review of said movie

--

I don't get into willy waving fights just to be clear, you stated
that there was no point in the iPhone, when in fact I stated the

if you look back at your initial post, it seems you've already made
assumptions, and shouted it down, my first post tried to convince you
that creating a stance at such an early stage against it was probably
a bad idea given the fact that it is pretty damn good.

A simple truth of the world is this, and it is prophetic in a sense
so don't try and argue, some really smart enlightened bloke came up
with it.

"Beliefs are bad, people become so ingrained in their beliefs that
they form hatreds, these hatreds can lead to war, it is far more
appropriate to have ideas and ideals, as these can change to meet new
challenges"

You put across your belief that apple aren't a worthwhile company and
their new product isn't worthwhile and the status quo is fine, when
they have achievements which out way your own, this is the sin of
envy by the way, which is itself the single contributing emotion to
willy waving competitions. That as far as I can tell makes you an
initiator.

I just get pissed off with you because well, lets face it, I doubt
apple were really stressed about nobbly fives when they sat down to
re-invent the phone 2.5 years ago. To you it seems the world, you're
short sighted, and will probably attack anything new if it comes from
a company you don't believe in.

Solution: Don't believe in things, try, see, investigate, form
opinions after you have the available facts.

I can easily tell that you never even watched the keynote
presentation, you just made all the assumptions you could to bolster
your point. Everyone I know who has seen the keynote, apple lovers
and haters and just casual observers have sworn, opened their eyes
wide with glee, and gasped in shock and awe at its wonderful design
and feature set.

K,

PS: Its bad practice on email to attack every point in a message,
you're such a fan of top posting, try and understand why people
bottom post in the first place. RELEVANCY!