[Klug-general] the future of KLUG

Sharon Kimble sharonm63 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 14:31:15 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 11:57, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> Quoting james snyder <james.snyder at linuxmail.org>:
>
> A few thoughts:
> > Here are just a few questions that some of us KLUGGERS have been
> > thinking about.....
> >
> > will KLUG arrange and host presentations for Linux users? if so,
> > where in Kent? Rochester?
>
> Where is most accessible by public transport?  Ashford? Maidstone?
> Canterbury? Rochester?

I think you're looking at it from the wrong end here. First you find the venue
which is suitable, and -then- secondly you see about transport to the venue.

> > which corporations / organizations could sponsor KLUG or encourage
> > their employees to speak at KLUG events to promote their products
> > with technically interesting content?
>
> Shepherd Neame?! :)

Do they actually use linux? If so, it would be a good catch for a talk on it.

<snip>
> > Some Linux users from afar have recently expressed the difficulty of
> >  getting to KLUG meeting venues.
>
> Definitely a priority for me! :)

And for me too.

> Cheers,
>
> Matt

Sharon.
--
 14:17:06 up 2 days, 19:20,  2 users,  load average: 1.82, 1.10, 0.92
A taste of linux http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html