[Klug-general] Methods of Gaining Linux Skills to Work in Industry

Ben Sutton bensutton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 22:13:45 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 21:41 +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> IMHO If you can get onto a project
> like that it reflects what you're capable of doing quite well,
> showing motivation too as you're working for free.

I like this idea.  I've explored it in the past but have found that its
rarely the weak point in an OSS project - but with a project the size of
GNOME maybe there are opportunities.  I've noticed some great changes on
the GNOME wiki recently - I love the way Bugzilla has been tied in with
the Wiki (gnome love page is a good example).

> That should help get your foot in the door, if you've got a few years
> commercial experience with windows (demonstrates you can hold down a
> tech job) and have worked with linux and the LAMP stack on a project
> then it speaks for itself.

I will definitely look into this.

Cheers,

Ben.