[Klug-general] Methods of Gaining Linux Skills to Work in Industry

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Tue Jan 23 09:56:57 GMT 2007

Hi Folks

I have been using my Linux self-taught skills in a professional working basis for the past 4 years. This has served me well, but always felt I needed some kind of official qualification in order to proof my worth.

So, 2 years ago I decided to study for and take the first exam (101) in the Linux Professional Institute (LPI) at the Expo in London. This I passed, and a year later took the next exam (102) which would give me Level I Certification.

I have told the various clients I currently do work for, and have put this onto my CV - but apart from a 'warm, fuzzy feeling' it has not made a lot of difference yet!

In October this year, I am taking the 201 exam and plan to take the other 3 exams after that - mainly because it makes me feel better, but also to 'prove my worth'.

If anyone would like any more information, just ask.

Regards

Paully