[Klug-general] Netiquette etc

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Sun May 6 10:00:36 BST 2007

Shish wrote:
> Seems seamonkey does have the feature I was thinking of, so it is
> possible to set things up so that you can hit "reply" instead of "new".
>
> I'm not sure if you're using a laptop which moves between home and
> work, or a desktop at work which is used for two purposes. I'm also
> confused as to how klug mail ends up in your corporate inbox if only
> your home address is subscribed...
>
> Anyway, I shall try and explain one of the two solutions; the one I
> assume will make the least difference to your current work flow:
>
> >From your corporate profile, where you read klug mail, go to the edit
> menu -> mail & newsgroup account settings. Click your account (might
> be selected by default), then in the bottom right there's a button for
> "manage identities". Click it, click "add", then add your home identity.
>
> Then next time you want to reply to a klug mail, you can click "reply",
> then change "From: you at whereyouwork.com" to "From: you at yourisp.com",
> which is easier than changing profile, and lets you post your reply as
> a reply rather than a new thread :)
>
>     -- Shish

Hah! Done that, now using the improved service as advised. Many thanks
for that tip - it cures exactly my problem and I hope this is now framed
in the manner which satisfies.

Actually, as a retired person I do everything from home - either on the
laptop as now (dog-sitting old pooch downstairs) or upstairs on the
desktop. My 'corporate' profile is with airship-association.org. I am a
Council member and run several of their operations with the email
address treasurer at airship-association.org. But that is just a domain
name purchased from Netnames and they redirect all my Airship
Association emails to michael.rentell at ntlworld.com. So I am in that
personality when the majority of KLUG stuff arrives. I don't respond
much (probably just as well) but when I have done in the past I have cut
and stored the text, changed personality, and then pasted it all into a
new email. However that never takes the Subject box content with it so I
then have a blank subject box. Older folk don't remember things as well
as they oughta so l then have to try and remember what it was. Mostly I
can't, so I put something in which is close to what I remember. That
don't always work either.

So those are the explanations which are descriptive of how lesser brains
manage this strange business.

Now with this newly fixed facility I can do many more. Ya might regret that.

G'day all.

MikeR
Sage of Earthquake city