[Klug-general] KLUG Newsletter #1

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Wed May 9 19:22:43 BST 2007

Social Meeting

The next Maidstone KLUG social is this Friday (11th May). We'll be
meeting at the British Queen  at around 7.30
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=576737&y=155704&z=0&ar=Y

Next KLUG meeting

The next KLUG weekend meeting will the 26th of May at the Rochester
venue. We're hoping to get a bit of a gaming session going and we'll
be aiming to play World of Padman - a fun shooter based on the GPL'd
Quake 3 engine - go grab your copy over at
http://www.worldofpadman.com/

We'll hopefully give some other games a bash such as Frozen Bubble and
armegatron

We have no one booked in to give any talks yet on the day so if you
want to come forward and volunteer we're waiting to hear from you.

Meeting Venues

We're still desperately on the look our for a new meeting venue to
replace Dover. If you have any ideas please let Colin know and please
start to sound out anyone you can think of

Computer Fair 20th May

The KLUG will have a stand at Technofair at the Black Horse Centre in
Gillingham on the 20th of May. We will be taking down a few machines
to show off Linux and talk to the punters about Linux and open source
in general. We also have a big stack of Ubuntu CD's to give out. The
last event we attended was extremely successful and with the Rochester
meet the weekend after we hope to attract some new members. If you
would like to attend this event or one of the other technofiars and
spread the word please let Colin know and we'll book you in.

The new Website

The new website is shaping up well. If you haven't already registered
on it can we encourage you to do so. In particular can you please make
sure that you fill in the Lat and Long  fields on your profile. We're
using these to add pins to our google map that will show where all our
members are in Kent and which distro they use.