[Klug-general] What Broadband Package Do You Use?

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Wed May 9 15:07:18 BST 2007

Quoting George Prowse <cokehabit at gmail.com>:

> I'm thinking of getting rid of Tiscali so i'm looking for a good deal
> on Broadband.
>
> I'd like to know what do you use, if it is good and if you have seen
> any good deals recently.
>
> I could really do with a shiny new router, phone option, unlimited
> downloads - you know, all the regular stuff.
>
> So far the best I have seen is an orange deal with a mobile phone
> for £35 and the Sky 'see speak surf' one. Unfortunately I cant get
> the Sky one, i'm outside their area or something stupid (I already
> have broadband).
>
> Any ideas?
> George

I've just switched to PlusNet (http://www.plus.net/).

I get 8Mbps downloads which are limited to 8GB pcm, however the limit
only applies during 8am and midnight, allowing you to use the service
as much as you like between midnight and 8am (I see a cron job opening
firewall ports here...)

They will also give you a static IP and their call centres are here in
the UK operating 24x7.

Good luck with changing from Tiscali, it took me a month and the
threat of legal action before they'd cancel my contract because of
their mistakes.  Never again...

Cheers,

M.
--