[Klug-general] gnome = kde?

Shish shish at shishnet.org
Wed May 9 23:53:02 BST 2007

> i'm wondering if there any actual difference between these two desktops apart
> from the looks.

What sort of differences are you looking for? Apart from the look,
there's not much else a user sees; and a large part of the look is
customisable in each anyway....

Internally, they use different widget toolkits, based on different
languages; they each have their own set of libraries, there isn't
really anything in common between them (they're both built on top of
the same things, but I don't count third party foundations as part of
either project~)

> is there any reason to choose one over the other?

Try both, see which one you like best, use that one.

> no "kde/gnome is crap use fvwm" messages etc..

Why not? Is being well informed about a variety of options a bad thing
o_O?

Personally I run enlightenment dr16, mostly as a way to have many
xterms visible at once :P

--
Shish