[Klug-general] MythTV hardware etc questions

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Thu May 24 09:34:35 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 09:28 +0100, Colin McCarthy wrote:
> I must confess something terrible to the group. When I built my home
> media PC I did try installing MythTV but I am such a newbie to Linux
> that I had lots of problems getting files on it and to play that I
> decided to use XP and SnapStream for my PVR.  I just did not have the
> time to get MythTV setup or repairing it if it went wrong and would
> rather spend the time watching TV.
>
> I hope I can be forgiven.

Nope,

So kluggers, what shall it be, give 'em enough rope, send him off toward
the tree to do an irish jig in the air?

BTW. Freevo is easier to set up, especially on ubuntu with automatix
doing the w32codec install for you. Freevo2 is on its way, and that will
be using gstreamer as well as mplayer and xine. Oh yeah, and its written
in python for ultimate hackability and plugability.

K,