[Klug-general] VMWare Workstation - installation

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 24 16:04:09 GMT 2007

G'day all,
I've just downloaded and installed VMWare workstation. During the
installation procedure there was a notice indicating that:

libX11.so.6
libXtst.so.6
libXext.so.6
libXrender.so.1
libz.so.1

...were not found on the system and would need to be installed by hand.

It then went on and installed everything else.

Now when I click for a VM to start I get the Error Message -

'Unable to change virtual machine power state: Failed to correct the
peer process.'

So I searched my computer for those .so. files and found them all in
/usr/lib

Could someone perhaps advise me how I shold 'install these files by hand'.

.. er words of one syllable would help this OAP.

MikeR