[Klug-general] VMWare Workstation - installation

Stuart Buckland stuart at nightime.org.uk
Sat Nov 24 17:09:24 GMT 2007

Mike,

Before you do anything with those X libraries could you confirm that
error message actually says ".. Failed to correct the peer process.."
and not "..Failed to connect the peer process.."?

Only reason I ask is if it says the latter it may simply be a
permissions issue with vmware-vmx.  It might be worth checking that
first.

I don't know where it is located on your system but on mine I have it
in /opt/vmware/workstation/lib/bin.

$ pwd
/opt/vmware/workstation/lib/bin
$ls -l vmware-vmx
-rws--x--- 1 root vmware 5657592 Aug 22 03:47 vmware-vmx

and my user account is a member of the 'vmware' group, so I have execute
permissions.

Rgds
Stu

Stuart Buckland <stuart at nightime.org.uk>