[Klug-general] Klug Plans

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 11:02:27 GMT 2007

On 25/11/2007, Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2007 6:57 PM, Peter Childs <peterachilds at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Now what was that emulator that someone suggested at the meet?
> >

> The visualization software suggested was VirtualBox
> http://www.virtualbox.org/.
>
> A good post of an over view/minutes of our meeting, thanks.
> It would be good to revive the virtual meetings on IRC, maybe on a rolling
> schedule, like everyone 'trys' to get online Monday night one week, then
> Tuesday the next, then Wednesday etc.

Then nobody knows which day of the week were on this week! but yes in
principle.

The 2008 schedule will get organised soon. Ashford is a possible location
> and needs to be confirmed. I need to speak to James about booking Canterbury
> and with Nathan to see what he can get us in Dover.
>
> An intallfest in May would be a good idea, just after the next Ubuntu
> release, so we have free CD's to give out.  The trick will be getting a good
> location and people stepping forward to confirm their commitment to help on
> the day.  If we start planning for May now, we can probably get it
> advertised in one of the Linux mags in their LUG events section.

Hmm We need leaflets, etc etc etc Probably two once saying about the lug
with no dates just who what and how to find more details and one about any
event then we can print lots of the standard ones and keep reusing them.....

Can we work out some way getting it announced / advertised across KMFM, Kent
Messenger,  Invicta, BBC Kent and any other newspapers/radio stations local
to where it takes place. Maybe even the local news on the TV.

Peter Childs