[Klug-general] The most secure Linux laptop in the world

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 17:40:14 GMT 2007

Stephen Ryan wrote:
> Hi Stephen, from near Hythe in Kent here. Just joined KLUG.
>
> I am on a mission to find the most secure (yet functional) Linux distro
> in the world. It must have the tiniest of footprints.
> I have played with Knoppix CD, but i want something much, much, smaller
> and something that even a novice can configure.
> Smallest amount of code - just enough functionality.

There is such a thing as TinyLinux see tiny.seul.org/en/ How secure it
is I couldn't say.  Maybe you could take that and then take the SELinux
bits of the Fedora distro and bolt them in.  Naturally it would get
bigger - but probably not hugely so.  I think you can also get SELinux
directly, rather than working with the Fedora interpretation.

Mike